Sunday, December 23, 2007

What I'm Reading...


I actually finished this book quite a while ago, but without internet at home I wasn't able to blog about it. My latest read was Martin Amis' House of Meetings, a book about two brothers who are in love with the same woman and who end up spending time together in a Russian gulag.

This book got great reviews and it is well deserving of them. This is the first novel that I've read by Amis, but it probably won't be the last. The writing is great at capturing the sense of loss and despair that the brothers feel while spending the best years of their lives in captivity.

I'm already halfway through my next book, which is Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I decided to pick it up after numerous reviews described it as "simply brilliant". So far, I agree with that assessment and I'm really anxious to finish it to see how everything ends up.

Last Book: The heartbreakingly sad novel by Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones.

Up Next: Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.

No comments: