Thursday, November 15, 2007

Now All We Need Are Guests



Today we went house hunting out and around Brussels. As things would have it we feel in love with the very 1st house we looked at. It is a very nice little place in an area just to the east of Brussels. For everyone that has Google Earth, Sterrebeek, Zaventem, Belgium is the official name of the commune. It is in a Flemish area but it is right on the cusp of both French and Flemish speaking areas, which is very common for Brussels. Our agent, Sarah, told us that the area has many Canadian as well as American Families living in the commune. Jane’s office is less than 2 miles from the house and can be reached by both bus and bike. We will be able to walk or bike to the store and all the local restaurants and bars. We are both very happy with the place which is an older home but has been remodeled in the style of IKEA. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, a large garden and a modern kitchen. The 2nd bedroom will be great for all the visitors we are hoping to have. The garden is very nice which I am sure the kittens will love.

6 comments:

Mom T. said...

Jane and Michael,
Your place is amazing! It sounds perfect. I'm so "happy for you."
Love you both, MOM

Anonymous said...

So glad you two found a house uou like so quickly. It looks great.
Love, from Nana.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you two! I love the place so much. I can't wait to visit you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jane and Michael,

The new place looks amazing - I am sooo glad that you got the extra room so I can move in on weekends... so, when can I ship over my towels, clothes and all of my extra furniture..? It can be just like at McGill - only Michael, you will have to grow a bigger beard and learn to curl...! ;-) Just kidding..!

Looking forward to the visit..!

Heather xo

Marcia Slater said...

Jane & Michael,
The house and neighborhood look just spectacular and I'm sure you're going to have some wonderful times there. We'll hope to visit the guest room soon.
Marsh & Barry

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?